While the core business of HMH Legal is debt collection, the nature of the firm and its roots lies in litigation. Our lawyers have been hand-picked to meet our profile, which requires certain traits to provide success and cost-effective results to our clients: 1) litigation experience; 2) debt collection expertise; 3) local presence; 4) knowledge of international law; and 5) willingness to work under contingency fees. In addition, HMH Legal employs a proprietary process for litigation, which includes strategic planning and project management for all cases.
Moreover, our flexible fee structure and contingency arrangement is what separates HMH Legal from other litigation firms in the area, and what allows financial decision-makers to pursue debt collection claims through legal means. We believe that only by sharing the risk and cost of litigation we are able to put ourselves in the shoes of the clients, which allows us to be truly sensible and empathetic about their concerns. All of this makes our firm more competitive and internationally focused, which is what separates us from the rest.
The following is a list of some of the services that our litigation attorneys have full capability to provide:
- General civil and commercial litigation for recovery of debt
- Creditor representation during insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings
- Enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards through judicial courts
- Service of process and obtainment of evidence in aid of foreign legal proceedings
- Prosecution or criminal actions for fraud and to pierce the corporate veil, in aid of debt collection
- Providing legal opinions as expert witnesses on Mexican law
- Performing legal audits on litigation in Mexico and providing legal opinions on soundness of actions undertaken
For more information on all related legal services, please visit our main section on litigation. To submit a claim for immediate collection or litigation assessment, please use our claim form. For information on areas covered by our firm please see our interactive map.